Holiday Island Baptist Church Core Beliefs
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God.
The plenary, verbal inspiration of the Bible, equally and in all parts and without error
- That the 66 books of the Old and New Testament were inspired by the Spirit of God as originally written
- That the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct · 2 Timothy 3:16
We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Who created man by a direct, immediate act.
We believe in the absolute and essential deity of our Lord Jesus Christ
The preexistence, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension to Heaven, and second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In His eternal existence, with the Father in pre-incarnate glory
- In His work of creation, in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death and bodily resurrection
- In His triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity, and in the personality of the Holy Spirit
- Who convinces of sin, of righteousness and of judgment
- Who regenerates, indwells, seals, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ
- Who baptizes believers at conversion into the Body of Christ and bestows upon them His gifts sovereignly as He wills and fills those yielded to Him
THE FALL OF MAN
We believe that Adam was divinely created in the image of God
- That by the sin of disobedience he fell from that state
- That all his posterity inherited spiritual depravity and defilement
- That all people therefore are guilty before God and condemned to physical and spiritual death
- That all people are in need of regeneration by the operation of the Holy Spirit through personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior on the basis of grace alone, and the resurrection of every person to either eternal life or eternal damnation.
We believe that salvation is by the sovereign grace of God
- That by the Father, Christ voluntarily suffered a propitiatory death
- That justification is by faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ
- That those whom God has effectually called shall be divinely preserved and ultimately perfected in the image of the Lord