Apr. 04, 2021
1. The basic truth of Christianity
2. The message of the empty tomb
- The empty tomb declared to their minds and hearts that Jesus Christ was really the divine Son of God (Rom. 1:4)
- The empty tomb declares that his death on the cross made atonement for our sins (Rom. 4:25)
- The empty tomb was for the apostles, and for us, a promise of victory over death, hell and the grave
3. Ours is a living Savior
- That he is alive makes prayer more meaningful, for when we pray in his name, we requisition the needed resources from the bank of heaven for the carrying on of his kingdom’s work.
- Sacrificial service is more meaningful and worthwhile because the resurrection proves that God will bring every good work to fruition (1 Cor. 15:58)
- By his living presence, he should unify our efforts and command our very best.